THIS TRIP IS FILLED.
Put on your walking shoes on Saturday, June 16, 2018, for an entertaining and delicious way to learn about Troy—its ups and downs, and the role food is playing in bringing this architectural gem back to life. You'll sip and sample some of New York’s classic flavors and sprinkle in history and culture to round out the day. The group will meet just past our first stop, 275 River Street, Troy, at 10 am. This Central Troy Historic Food Tour is a leisurely 3-hour, 1.5-mile walk with informative stops along the way. The tour ends at the Troy's Farmer's Market with time for you to explore and shop (if you wish) the 80+ vendors.
The stops are:
- Psychedelicatessan—taste hand-rolled bagels and store-cured lox;
- Whistling Kettle—sample 2 teas;
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church—inside tour of entire Tiffany-designed interior;
- Illium Café—Rif of a Reuben and salad;
- Brown's Brewery—2 different beer sips, paired with Buffalo Cauliflower;
- The Dutch Udder Creamery with three tastes of homemade ice cream;
- Troy's Waterfront Market.
This progressive meal of tastes should leave you comfortably full and replace brunch/lunch. Price is $50 for those members who have paid the annual sustaining membership fee. Price is $52 for guests and members who have not paid the annual sustaining membership fee. Tour is limited to 16 people. Make checks payable to RC 10, and mail your check and registration form to Fran Hyde, 1538 Tibbits Avenue, Troy, NY 12180. Phone: 518-271-7030.